Redesign of dlang.org

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 21 15:35:29 PDT 2014

> but I think having the font
> grow when the window is expanded is somewhat useful.

I don't. Overly-large text is just as hard to read as overly-small text.

In any case, if I want the text bigger/smaller, that's what the
zoom/text-size settings are for (unless I'm unlucky enough to be using a
mobile browser, which all moronically obey CSS's PUOs. PUO: Not just for
badly-authored DVDs anymore. Thanks, W3C asshats!!)

> But I agree with Aleksandar, that having the text in a window expand as
> far as my very-wide monitor will go, is not helpful. Things are hard to
> read when they get too long.

Yea, I agree too. Luckily that's what max-width is for...although that
really SHOULD'VE been a browser setting/feature, not a per-page CSS
feature. But then, the browser developers these days will cram anything
and everything into CSS/HTML anymore (except, of course, anything that
actually gives the *user* any control over anything :/ )