[OT] from YourNameHere via Digitalmars-d

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 21 22:49:19 PDT 2014

On 22 April 2014 14:54, Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> On 4/21/2014 8:59 PM, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
>>
>> I still haven't worked out how to even use a newsreader with the ntp
>> server. I'm
>> still relying on the web interface. So I'm definitely not alone in seeing
>> this one.
>

> Thunderbird is a very good newsreader. A lot of folks here use it.

I tried it for a bit. Couldn't get used to it. It just felt like an
inconvenience.
I'm sure it's great, it's just unfamiliar to me, and it feels a bit
over-kill installing a whole big software package for no reason other
than reading one mailing list.

I like gmail. I've been using it for the better part of 10 years, and
I can access it from anywhere. Installing client software to read
email feels like I'm back on my Amiga in the 90's ;)