std.zlib uncompress issue

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 21 23:07:59 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 22 April 2014 at 05:22:03 UTC, Eko Wahyudin wrote:
> I have a same problem too..
> I think the problem came from Compress class.
>
> I'm creating web server with gzip and deflate support. browser
> (Chrome, Firefox and opera) able to deCompress it. The problem
> begin if file size more than 64KB. The output size is equal to
> the original file, but the content is different at some block.
>
> for instance compressing "jquery-2.1.0.min.js". the result is
> different begining at file offset 73.728 or 0x12000. with file
> buffer 4096 bytes.
>
> well this thread start at March 04, 2012 and now Apr 22, 2014,
> it's already two year,,, this problem still doesn't solved :(

On a related note I've only recently ported a javascript minifier
to D as part of Cmsed [0].
It appears to work correctly, but you never know considering it
was php originally what issues relating to types I mucked up upon.

[0]
https://github.com/rikkimax/Cmsed/blob/master/source/minifier/cmsed/minifier/jsmin.d