Redesign of dlang.org

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 22 00:56:41 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 22 April 2014 at 06:53:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> Unless we can use libsass, I would say it's not very productive
> to implement a new Sass compiler, just to avoid a dependency.

I never use css macros-tools, regular template libraries are
usually better (e.g. jinja2 allows me to execute python
expressions if needed). With current browsers the CSS is getting
much more streamlined too and the worst browser bugs require
javascript detection anyway so macros don't cut it.

If you use static fallbacks then dynamic CSS calc() expressions
are starting to become useful (lacking on Safari 5 and some
Android browsers).

For javascript I strongly suggest using the very efficient and
typesafe Closure compiler. It has a  good optimizer, dead code
elimination and tight minimization. And it requires no
install-dependencies since it is available as a REST web service:

http://closure-compiler.appspot.com/home

https://developers.google.com/closure/

Closure type annotations are in comments, so the annotated
javascript code runs as regular javascript.

Ola.