Redesign of dlang.org

Lars T. Kyllingstad via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 22 04:36:36 PDT 2014

On Monday, 21 April 2014 at 15:15:22 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
wrote:
> Yes, there were numerous studies about line length (I don't
> have any links to back this with but I'm sure that searching
> for "web typography line length" on google would provide some
> useful articles). And optimal line length is some 80-90
> characters (including the whitespace), I'll try not to cross
> that boundary much.

This isn't specific to the web.  The typographic rules about line
lengths are probably as old as the printing press itself.

It annoys me that tried-and-true typographic best practices are
constantly and blatantly ignored by web designers.

Relevant:
http://baymard.com/blog/line-length-readability
http://webtypography.net/toc/