Redesign of dlang.org

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 22 06:13:35 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 22 April 2014 at 12:21:57 UTC, w0rp wrote:
> and 110 characters from what I have read. I found one study
> here which didn't turn up a great observable difference in
> reading speed or comprehension going from 80 to 110 characters.

You can do all the quantitative laboratory experiments in the
world, but at the end of the day the only thing that is certain
is that people don't approach a web page as if they are
participating in a reading contest, and that people are
different, have different skills and motivation. So, being able
to adapt the page to your own needs is the "right" thing to do.

What is certain is that testing with a heterogeneous group of
real people is much more efficient than evaluation by a usability
expert, no matter how proficient that expert is. ;-)