Redesign of dlang.org

Aleksandar Ruzicic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 01:41:22 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 23 April 2014 at 07:02:50 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
>> I would use Foundation[1] instead of Bootstrap.
>>

>> [1] http://foundation.zurb.com/
>
> Whatever gets the job done. I haven't yet worked with
> Foundation, but it looks reasonable. Maybe we can limit the
> SCSS dependency by checking in the rendered CSS, so only people
> working on the style would need a sass compiler.
> One remark though, try to stay away from heavy client-side JS,
> dlang.org is mostly a static website and anything that makes
> you wait 5s for the site to be rendered misses the point.

I was thinking of that too, but I used this approach on one of
previous projects (both, SCSS and generated CSS files were under
git) and it just gave me headache as the coworker was changing
CSS and committing those changes which leaved SCSS and CSS files
out of sync. But we could easily just agree not to do it, and
state that we don't accept pull requests that have direct changes
in CSS.