Redesign of dlang.org

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 09:02:57 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 22 April 2014 at 21:21:13 UTC, Aleksandar Ruzicic
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 April 2014 at 12:27:23 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 22 April 2014 at 06:53:41 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
>> wrote:

>>> Unless we can use libsass, I would say it's not very
>>> productive to implement a new Sass compiler, just to avoid a
>>> dependency.
>>
>> I think using libsass is superior to using node/npm based
>> dependency. Using pretty much anything from node.js
>> infrastructure will be a big marketing hit for vibe.d (being
>> its direct competitor in D world).
>
> I see what you mean. I get that it wouldn't be good marketing
> so I decided not to use npm.
>
> Although I would really like if we could do dub install -g
> <package> to distribute tools, like you can with npm..

You can do `dub fetch package; dub run package` AFAIR for
packages that are applications. Though it does not make any sense
to add something that is not a D  project to dub, such a popular
thing as sass compiler must have own package, whatever distro
dlang web server runs on.