Compile-time memory footprint of std.algorithm

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 10:16:42 PDT 2014

On 4/23/2014 2:00 AM, Dmitry Olshansky wrote:
> If the prime reason compilation is fast is because we just throw away memory, we
> must be doing something wrong, very wrong.

I've tried adding a collector to DMD with poor results. If you'd like to give it
a try as well, please do so.

The thing is, I work all day every day on D. I cannot do more. If people want
more things done, like redesigning memory allocation in the compiler,
redesigning D to do ARC, etc., they'll need to pitch in.