Redesign of dlang.org

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 11:12:58 PDT 2014

On 4/23/2014 10:02 AM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On the contrary, I find almost all websites have broken layouts because
> I enforce a minimal font size of 16pt (I have a high-resolution screen)
> -- they insist on font sizes that are far too small.

This is why teams need some old codgers like me around. We don't see so good
anymore, and need larger fonts.

The teeny-tiny fonts all come from people under 25 :-)

Ironically, the most unreadable web pages I've seen were on apple.com. Haven't
looked at it recently, but they'd use a tiny font, and make it light gray
letters on a white background. It was literally painful to try and read it.

The current winnah for unreadable text goes to meld Ubuntu 13.10. For some
wretched reason, 'meld' under the new Ubuntu uses a font where the letters are
about one pixel wide meaning it's nearly impossible to even see the colored text.

Some day I'm going to pull a tape measure between my eyes and my monitor, and
get some glasses optimized for that distance.