Redesign of dlang.org

Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 15:08:52 PDT 2014

On 4/23/2014 2:34 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 23/04/14 00:57, Nick Sabalausky wrote:
>
>> Apparently they can't even manage make basic links work properly:
>>
>> http://getbootstrap.com/examples/starter-template/
>>
>> How anyone can manage to fuck up <a href="...">...</a> is beyond me.
>
> What's fucked up with the links?

They don't work.

But...maybe they're only intended to be single-page-only examples? (Now
that I think about it...)

If so, then I must have misunderstood the examples. The fact that
they're all pointing to different anchor links threw me off and made me
assume they were supposed to be functional. (I'm accustomed to blank
zero-length anchors being used to indicate "intentionally non-functional
placeholder link".)

But I have noticed a lot of the sites that use anchor links to switch to
completely different pages are basically broken. Since the very
*beginning* of HTML, links have always been downright trivial to
implement, and have always been considerably *easier* to *not* require
JS. It's pretty much the single simplest, easiest, most fundamental
thing in HTML. And yet, more than a decade now after <a onclick="...">
linking inexplicably appeared, some people are *still* trying to
implement links using JS. It's insane.

However, you'll have to pardon that little rant. When I posted that
"Apparently they can't even manage make basic links work properly", I
swear it wasn't my intention to do another JS-rant. Coming from me, JS
rants are pretty much redundant at this point ;)