Poll - How long have you been in D?

bytedruid via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 23 23:17:59 PDT 2014

On Monday, 7 April 2014 at 02:34:59 UTC, Kapps wrote:
>> These results are a bit disappointing. Ideally you'd see a
>> massive bias
>> towards new users, but we see the opposite :(
>> Perhaps this poll isn't public enough? On reddit and stuff?
>
> I don't imagine many new users read these forums frequently,
> and this is the only place it's been posted AFAIK.

Brand new user, wrote my first D program today.  It preformed the
same task as a python program I had laying around.  I wanted to
see if a compiled language could as terse the python syntax I've
grown accustomed to.  Well, I'm happy to say the D program was
one line shorter!  Not bad.

I've programmed python for over 10 years and was considering
diving into Java since the C standard library is so tiny and it
has no standard cross-platform GUI toolkit.  I'd say D is looking
pretty good, now if it just hand a standard GUI library...

(Side note: I entered a fake email address, is that a no-no one
this list?)