Discusssion on the Discussion of the Design for a new GC

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 24 03:07:15 PDT 2014

On 4/23/14, Joakim via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>  It might help if you put
> forth a tentative proposal, that the D goons can then proceed to
> destroy... I mean, critically evaluate.

Btw guys, what's stopping us from simply porting over Leandro's CDGC
to D2? I've looked at the codebase and it doesn't seem to be that
large (the following link is the most recent version of the GC I could
find):

http://www.dsource.org/projects/tango/browser/trunk/tango/core/rt/gc/cdgc

I know there was some talk about a missing Windows implementation, but
if we had a Posix implementation and it turned out to be really good I
don't think it would take a long time before we step up and make a
Windows implementation.