Redesign of dlang.org

bearophile via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Apr 24 18:54:29 PDT 2014

Walter Bright:

> I've recently seen some academic research PDF's where the font
> is so small that even if I go full screen on them they are very
> hard to read.

Some combinations of PDF readers and PDF files support reflow, so
later you can also increase the zoom. Another solution is to buy
a wider screen, now even wide ones are kind of cheap.

> I don't get the reason for doing this. Are they trying to save
> paper or something?

They are often trying to save paper. Some conferences (and
sometimes even some journals) set a maximum limit of pages for
submitted papers.

Bye,
bearophile