DIP61: Add namespaces to D

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 26 04:52:52 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 10:20:30 UTC, bearophile wrote:

> But I prefer an ugly-looking feature that will be used only to
> call C++ functions in namespaces, and not for general D
> programming. So you will not see D code that looks like C++.

There is an advantage to keeping the D/C++ identifier namespaces
separate, with a dedicated C++ syntax. I also don't mind having
uglier C++ call syntax, if that makes it possible to visually
determine if an identifier is either C/C++ or D at the call site
(cpp_ns::identifier).

Does the proposal resolve namespace conflicts between C++ and D?
E.g. "std::" etc?