DIP61: Add namespaces to D

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Apr 26 14:43:08 PDT 2014

On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 18:52:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 4/26/2014 11:30 AM, Dicebot wrote:
>> Compromise - consider namespace definition from extern(C++)
>> during name
>> resolution. But still keep actual feature tied to
>> "extern(C++)" to keep its use
>> case clear.
>
> I mentioned something similar in a previous reply to you. Hope
> that means we can reach a consensus.

Well this corrected version shifts my negative attitude to just
"I don't like it" from "I tremble in despair reading it" :) In
that sense, it is a breakthrough!

I like Andrei's proposal much-much more though. There needs to be
a good tool to interface to C++ namespaces, no doubt. But it
should not impact pure D code and it does not need to follow
exact C++ code style. Forcing module separation sounds awesome
and can be trivially done by binding generator, i.e. dstep.