DIP61: Add namespaces to D

Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Apr 27 06:43:02 PDT 2014

On 4/27/14, Dicebot via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> I believe this is a temporary workaround. Once bugs and
> deficiencies of existing module system will be taken care of,
> there won't be any need in using namespace emulation.

That's not true. Remember that when you're importing into a module
you're import all symbols from that module into the current namespace.
With symbols in aggregates you're forced to qualify the symbol with
the name of the scope it's located in. One exception is the with()
statement, but that can only be used in limited contexts (and is buggy
as hell anyway).