DIP61: Add namespaces to D

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 28 01:21:57 PDT 2014

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014 23:49:41 -0700
Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 4/27/2014 11:17 PM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> > On 27/04/14 21:39, Walter Bright wrote:
> >
> >> std.datetime is a giant kitchen sink. This is not the best way to
> >> organize things. Using smaller modules under packages is a much
> >> better way.
> >
> > It's taken an amazingly long time for the core developers to
> > realize this. I'm glad it's happened tough :)
> >

> We've known it for a long time, but nobody has done anything about it.
>
> For example, the new package.d feature was specifically designed so
> that long modules can be broken up without breaking user code. Nobody
> has yet modified any Phobos code to actually do this.

It's my fault as far as std.datetime goes. I had it mostly done last
summer but then didn't have time to finish it, and enough has changed
since then that I'm going to have to start over. And life has been
quite hectic for me, making it so that I'm not getting to stuff like
this as soon as I'd like. I hope to get back to it soon though. It's
long past time that it get done.

- Jonathan M Davis