DIP61: Add namespaces to D

Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 28 04:54:19 PDT 2014

On Mon, 28 Apr 2014 10:45:40 +0200
Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On 4/28/14, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d
> <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> > It's my fault as far as std.datetime goes. I had it mostly done last
> > summer but then didn't have time to finish it, and enough has
> > changed since then that I'm going to have to start over. And life
> > has been quite hectic for me, making it so that I'm not getting to
> > stuff like this as soon as I'd like. I hope to get back to it soon
> > though. It's long past time that it get done.
>
> Hey if you're out of time, let us know. Maybe give us just a small
> guide on where to move things around, and we'll take it from there and
> split it up into packages.

I think that I can get to it soon (though unfortunately, I've thought
that for a while now and still haven't reached that point). My current
plan is to make a number of smaller pull requests to clean it up a bit
first. I started with

https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/2088

but it's blocked by a compiler bug. And since it could be a while
before that's fixed, I should probably just do some other pull requests
to do more of the cleanup and deal with the merge conflicts that it
causes. At least Andrei already removed _assertPred, so I don't have to
deal with that (and that made splitting std.datetime more of a pain
from what I recall - particularly since I was trying to remove it at
the same time, which wasn't a good idea).

- Jonathan M Davis