DIP61: redone to do extern(C++,N) syntax

deadalnix via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Apr 28 12:49:22 PDT 2014

On Monday, 28 April 2014 at 14:00:58 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Monday, 28 April 2014 at 13:47:43 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
> wrote:
>> Not ok. This is like having 2 definitions for the same
>> function, linker will not accept that.
>
> No. It is like having 2 matching type declarations. The
> implementation is defined in the C++ source code and is
> represented as one C++ object/lib file to the linker. The
> linker will happily accept that.

Linker will yell at you in encrypted klingon, unless the function
is weak. Multiple definitions won't work.

Also, if you try to call that function, D will probably yell at
you as well as your call is ambiguous, and you'll have to specify
the module.

Why is everybody yelling today ? Can't we have some calm around
here ?