D For A Web Developer

Etienne via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 08:17:08 PDT 2014

On 2014-04-29 10:41 AM, James wrote:
> I have a friend that is a web developer. I, however want to collaborate
> with him, so I am trying to get him to learn D. I don't know how to
> persuade him! How can D be used to greatly assist an HTML5/JavaScript
> web developer? I decided to go here to get some good answers. How can D
> be used to interopt with modern web development?

You should ask this in
http://forum.rejectedsoftware.com/groups/rejectedsoftware.vibed/

But while we're here, maybe you could send him a link to
http://vibed.org/ along with a link to
http://dlang.org/phobos/std_algorithm.html that he could read when he
has 10 minutes

I don't know how else you could convince him. Possibly benchmarks?

http://atilanevesoncode.wordpress.com/2013/12/05/go-vs-d-vs-erlang-vs-c-in-real-life-mqtt-broker-implementation-shootout/

Or an example of a dynamic web project backend?

https://github.com/rejectedsoftware/vibe.d/tree/master/examples/web
He might not be so familiar with type safety though, so then your
arguments will have to be more technical - type safety is the only way
you can ever scale a project because most bugs are caught by the compiler.

He can keep using his front-end libraries too. Browsers don't run D
code, they simply request bytes from it.

Good luck!