D For A Web Developer

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 10:09:53 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 at 15:55:13 UTC, Etienne wrote:
> That's funny b/c most people say RoR made them love web
> development.

That's probably because they went into it with very little
experience with the alternatives. I was spoiled by my web.d and
friends, as well as knowing how to use a real relational
database, so getting on the Rails to me is like going back into
the stone age.

But if you came from mysql 3 and PHP 4 or some other primitive
trash, RoR might seem like the best thing ever.

I do kinda like the rails console repl tho. Of course, I kinda
have that with cgi.d too, you can call its methods on the regular
command line pretty easily, but that doesn't let you build up
state as easily for quick changes and I do like that. (Maybe I'll
offer such with my script.d, should be easy to add :P)

the rest of it tho is just awful.