D For A Web Developer

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 20:09:42 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 02:43:43 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> All I'm saying is, if you ever not want to write ajax code
> again, Cmsed is your friend [1].

My web.d does some javascript generation too.

D:
import arsd.web;
class Foo : ApiProvider {
    export int add(int a, int b) { return a+b; }
}
mixin FancyMain!Foo;

Javascript:

Foo.add(1, 2).get(alert); // calls alert(3) when it returns

The generated JS code creates an object with the same name as the
D class with all the export functions as methods that return a
proxy object, setting the arguments. You can then modify it and
eventually fire off the request with methods like get, getSync,
and getHtml which take a function to call with the result.

Just one of the many things I miss when doing RoR instead of D :(