D For A Web Developer

Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 21:32:28 PDT 2014

On Wed, 2014-04-30 at 04:12 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
[…]
> Yea, I wrote my version several years ago (IIRC 2009 or early
> 2010) and since then D has grown as has my knowledge of it. I
> kinda want to write a web.d 2.0 that cleans everything up but eh
> I have a lot of things I want to do and web.d 1.0 works so no big
> rush.

I disagree. The lesson from the Bottle/Flask/Tornado experience over the
last few years is that it is always better to be working on the next
version rather than just stick to maintaining the current version.

Yes for using 1.0 on the current jobs, but definitely yes to starting on
2.0 now, especially if there are other to join in and help with the
work.

Web is not my area per se and I don't have a web-related project I can
pin helping out with this effort on, but I would encourage you to work
on 2.0.

I will have to be looking at Python's asyncio which is Python's "play"
in the arena that Twisted used to be king; more vibe.d than web.d.

--
Russel.
41 Buckmaster Road    m: +44 7770 465 077   xmpp: russel at winder.org.uk