python vs d

Kapps via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Apr 29 23:15:54 PDT 2014

On Tuesday, 29 April 2014 at 14:50:38 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
> On Monday, 28 April 2014 at 19:34:38 UTC, Kapps wrote:
>> D can actually do a rather good job of runtime reflection. I
>> made a runtime reflection module
>> (https://shardsoft.com/stash/projects/SHARD/repos/shardtools/browse/source/ShardTools/Reflection.d
>> / https://shardsoft.com/docs/ShardTools/Reflection.html) for
>> my own personal code and it's served the uses I've needed it
>> for quite nicely.
>
> Cool. Can it access private members?

Fields, but not methods.

Private methods is something I was thinking about, but the only
way I can think of to do it would involve making the type use a
mixin (which does make sense in a way). I haven't done any work
on anything like this though, and it's not really high priority
since fields work and I haven't needed anything else yet.