D For A Web Developer

Paulo Pinto via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 00:25:10 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 04:42:09 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 04:19:15 UTC, Russel Winder via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Tue, 2014-04-29 at 22:09 +0000, Adam D. Ruppe via
>> Digitalmars-d
>> wrote:
>> […]
>>> I can just get stuff done in D in a fraction of a time it
>>> takes to do even less in RoR.
>>
>> This is the stuff marketing campaigns are made from. As well as
>> informing the cabal that is this mailing list, there needs to
>> be tweets,
>> Facebook, G+, and proper publishing articles of people
>> switching from
>> RoR, Grails, Django to web.d and vibe.d and discovering
>> (measured and
>> guaranteed) significant performance benefits in both time to
>> market and
>> run time.
>
> I have a friend who has switched to vibe.d after being Erlang
> Cowboy devoted user for years. Trying to convince him to write
> an article about it but no luck so far :( Reason to switch in
> two words : "static typing".

I do like dynamic typed languages, but mostly for prototyping,
scripting and tiny scale projects.

The type of code that we get to write at enterprise level, static
typing is very valuable, specially given how management tends to
enforce "write code not tests" and the skillset of certain
developers across regions.

Code bases being worked on with 30+ developers across multiple
sites get fragile very easily.

--
Paulo