D For A Web Developer

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 06:38:27 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 04:19:15 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> This is the stuff marketing campaigns are made from.

Eh, like Jacob said later, I don't think this is a totally fair
comparison cuz I'm a world class D expert but a RoR n00b, so
there's naturally some difference in speed there.

Of course, I doubt the gap will ever be closed, since Ruby's
awfulness isn't dependent on my experience level. It's not like
it will ever get static typing even if I used it all the time. It
won't get faster. ActiveRecord won't get sane.

But still, one person's productivity is too subjective to focus a
lot on IMO.