D For A Web Developer

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 06:54:14 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 04:32:37 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The lesson from the Bottle/Flask/Tornado experience over the
> last few years is that it is always better
> to be working on the next version rather than just
> stick to maintaining the current version.

Maybe, but in general, I write what I use, and right now I don't
have any significant new D web projects in the pipeline. I still
have a couple old ones going, but the new boss said no in
switching to D from Ruby (the rest of the team doesn't know it),
so the question now is: do I want to spend my nights writing
something I won't be using right now or doing something else?

for now, the answer is doing something else. That might change
eventually tho.

> in the arena that Twisted used to be king; more vibe.d than
> web.d.

I think the vibe.d folks are doing pretty cool work too.
Actually, my web.d could arguably be used with vibe.d; a vibe
backend for my cgi.d is a realistic possibility, and then web.d
is a pretty straight-forward add-on on top of that.  In fact, it
might not even be very hard, I just haven't tried yet.

(And the other libs are already independent, I think Nick uses my
dom.d with vibe already.)

Though, my little httpd isn't awful so again, "works for me" is a
lot of inertia to overcome.