D For A Web Developer

logicchains via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 07:11:19 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 13:37:33 UTC, Rikki Cattermole
wrote:
> Hmm now if only I understand assembly better. And was able to
> write a JIT then maybe. Maybe then I could implement my evil
> ideas.

You don't necessarily need to understand assembly to write a JIT.
You could instead have your bytecode take the form of D functions
(such as int16 addI16(int16 a, int16 b), for instance) so you're
essentially generating an array of D functions then iterating
over them evaluating them. This would obviously be slower than
generating assembly directly, but would still be faster than an
interpreter, and you could still do some optimisation on it.