static unittest

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 09:55:07 PDT 2014

Walter and I also discussed "static unittest" a while ago - yes, another
use of static :o).

A static unittest would be evaluated only during compilation, and would
prove things that fall in the realm of static checking but are not
verifiable with traditional typesystem approach.

That won't enable things we can't do today (there's always
assert(__traits(compiles, ...)) but it's instantly recognizable, very
easy to use, and pushes semantic checking to a whole new level.

Thoughts?

Andrei