Parallel execution of unittests

Atila Neves via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 10:24:15 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 16:32:19 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 4/30/14, 9:24 AM, QAston wrote:
>>
>> An existing library implementation:
>> https://github.com/atilaneves/unit-threaded
>
> Nice! The "Warning: With dmd 2.064.2 and the gold linker on
> Linux 64-bit this code crashes." is hardly motivating though
> :o).
>
> I think this project is a confluence of a couple others, such
> as logging and a collection of specialized assertions. But it's
> hard to tell without documentation, and the linked output
> https://github.com/atilaneves/unit-threaded/blob/master/unit_threaded/io.d
> does not exist.
>

> Andrei

I'm thinking of removing the warning but I have no idea how many
people are using dmd 2.064.2, and it does crash if used with
ld.gold. It was a dmd bug that got fixed (I voted on it).

I fixed the Markdown link. That's what happens when I move code
around!

If you want to see what the output is like you can check out
https://travis-ci.org/atilaneves/cerealed or git clone it and run
dub test. I think seeing failing output is just as interesting as
well, so there's a failing example in there that can be executed.
The README.md says how.

When I first wrote this I tried using it on Phobos to see if I
could run the unit tests a lot faster but didn't have a lot of
luck. I think I ran out of memory trying to reflect on its
modules but I can't remember. I should try that again.

Atila