python vs d

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 12:28:22 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 19:21:25 UTC, Nick Sabalausky
wrote:
> I've heard this a lot, but I've yet to hear anyone explain
> concretely how this "dynamic mindset" causes the lack of things
> like static code checks and low-overhead primitives from being
> actual drawbacks. Maybe it really is a case of me not "getting

I think you see it in Java too?

Restricting dicts and arrays to a single element type requires
more complicated logic in some cases.

People don't write Rpython, which is a strictly typed subset of
Python,  because they have to write more complicated logic?

I could probably live with the Rpython subset, though.