More radical ideas about gc and reference counting

monarch_dodra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Apr 30 13:33:16 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 30 April 2014 at 20:21:33 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> We're considering deprecating ~this() for classes in the future.
>
> [...]
>
> Slices T[] of structs with destructors shall be silently
> lowered into RCSlice!T, defined inside object.d

I'm sure instead of outright deprecating destructor for class, we
could just store them in a RCClass!C (which would be 2 words big).

If you can get the scheme working with slices of structs with
destructors, I don't see why the same scheme couldn't work with
Class'es too.