assume, assert, enforce, @safe

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 1 13:16:28 PDT 2014

On Friday, 1 August 2014 at 17:43:27 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
> On 08/01/2014 07:19 PM, Sebastiaan Koppe wrote:

> The debug and the release build may be subjected to different
> input and hence traverse different traces of abstract states.
> It is not valid to say that an assertion will never fail just
> because it hasn't failed yet.

Yes, but is the same for the C apps. There, you have no assertion
in the release build, the release build is optimized (I imagine
very few would use -O0 on it...), then the sefault happens.

Good luck with the debugger and find the bug in the source
code....

This is why debug builds exist, to reproduce problems and to
investigate the bugs.