assume, assert, enforce, @safe

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 1 14:49:28 PDT 2014

On Fri, Aug 01, 2014 at 09:42:06PM +0000, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 1 August 2014 at 14:10:14 UTC, Sean Kelly wrote:
[...]
> But we probably would be better off if none of the switches had names
> like -release or -debug so that folks actually had to figure out what
> they did before using them rather than simply assuming that one is for
> release builds and the other is for debug builds.
[...]

Great. So let's rename all of dmd's command-line options to -a, -b, -c,
-d, -e, -f, ... (in arbitrary order). As long as we document it all, it
will work just perfectly fine, right? After all, it *does* force users
to *really* know what each option does. :-D

Gone Chopin. Bach in a minuet.