assume, assert, enforce, @safe

David Bregman via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Aug 1 16:03:35 PDT 2014

On Friday, 1 August 2014 at 20:57:29 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 8/1/2014 12:47 PM, Tofu Ninja wrote:
>> Having your augment consistently dismissed by "I see no
>> difference" or "That is
>> misuse" is frustrating to say the least.

Indeed.

> I repeatedly gave detailed rationales for that.

Unfortunately these "detailed rationales" consisted mostly of
attacking straw men, and some other unsound arguments :(

My last reply to you is still unanswered if you want to give it
another try. I feel like it's getting pretty childish though, so
I'm also very close to giving up on this topic. So much
back-and-forth we can't even get past definitions of assert and
assume, or even agree that there is a difference between the
two... never mind discussing the real issues here. And there
definitely are real issues with your proposal to make -release
transform all asserts into assumes.