Guide for dmd development @ Win64?

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 2 09:10:37 PDT 2014

I have an awkward problem - recently installed an extra Win8
(x64) OS to test some of weird failures I can't reproduce on
Linux and after half a day still can't configure basic
development setup for dmd/druntime/phobos >_<

This was quite helpful
http://wiki.dlang.org/Installing_DMD_on_64-bit_Windows_7_(COFF-compatible)
but unfortunately it only covers configuring pre-build dmd
distribution package and I can't find anything similar for
developers.

Can you Windows guys please share how do you get things done? :)
I am currently stuck with `make -f win64.mak` in druntime
complaining about incompatible dll's.