checkedint call removal

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 2 12:10:49 PDT 2014

On 8/2/2014 4:12 AM, Artur Skawina via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> _`assume` is extremely dangerous_. Redefining `assert` to include `assume`
> would result in D's `assert` being banned from the whole code base, if 'D'
> even would be consider a 'sane' enough language to use...

More simply, you could just ban "-release".

Keep in mind, that under the current implementation, removing asserts also
removes the bug checking that the asserts presumably were inserted for. If the
asserts don't hold true, the program has undetected bugs in it, it is in an
unknown and invalid state, and the ability to predict what it will do next is gone.

I.e. you should already have banned use of "-release".