Guide for dmd development @ Win64?

Orvid King via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Aug 2 13:49:18 PDT 2014

On 8/2/2014 11:10 AM, Dicebot wrote:
> I have an awkward problem - recently installed an extra Win8 (x64) OS to
> test some of weird failures I can't reproduce on Linux and after half a
> day still can't configure basic development setup for
> dmd/druntime/phobos >_<
>
> This was quite helpful
> http://wiki.dlang.org/Installing_DMD_on_64-bit_Windows_7_(COFF-compatible)
> but unfortunately it only covers configuring pre-build dmd distribution
> package and I can't find anything similar for developers.
>
> Can you Windows guys please share how do you get things done? :) I am
> currently stuck with `make -f win64.mak` in druntime complaining about
> incompatible dll's.

I actually use a shell script which I run from git's bash shell. It
updates, builds, and installs DMD, druntime, and phobos. It currently is
setup to build a 64-bit DMD with MSVC, and will build and install both
the 32 and 64-bit druntime and phobos libraries. The dmd3 directory that
I install to is basically a copy of the dmd2 directory created by the
installer, except that I've deleted everything except the windows and
src folders.

https://gist.github.com/Orvid/7b254c307c701318488a