Short overview on D

Bayan Rafeh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 3 05:30:13 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 3 August 2014 at 11:56:32 UTC, Rikki Cattermole wrote:
> On 3/08/2014 11:53 p.m., Bayan Rafeh wrote:
>> Small question. Can anyone give me an example of when one
>> would use a
>> parametrized block as opposed to a parameterized class or
>> method?
>
> mixin templates take the context for which they are mixed in.
> Basically:
>

> mixin template FooT() {
> 	void FooT() {
> 		//...
> 		writeln(bar);
> 	}
> }
>
> void myfunc() {
> 	string bar;
> 	//...
> 	mixin FooT;
> }
>
> Templated classes/structs/unions/method or functions are used
> for if you want to modify code gen itself.

I'm not sure if we're going to be using templates much so I'm
going to include a couple of examples you gave, plus the link
that Gary posted which is better than anything I could write
right now. Do you think that's enough?

And I see what you mean with the with statement. It certainly is
an intriguing concept, and I would love to see something like
that.

Anonymous: I see. C++ first it is.