checkedint call removal

David Nadlinger via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 3 09:18:23 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 3 August 2014 at 15:16:31 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 8/3/14, 8:10 AM, Walter Bright wrote:
>> We could establish a rule for @safe that function arguments
>> that are
>> pointers must be pointers to valid memory, not past the end.
>
> I think that's a good stance. -- Andrei

Agreed, see my other post. In fact, if I remember correctly this
is not the first time that a variant of this question pops up and
I think we already came to this conclusion at least once.

Of course, this also entails that it must be impossible to obtain
such a pointer in @safe code. Right now, there are a still a few
holes in that regard (see Bugzilla), e.g. someArray[$ .. $].ptr.

Cheers,
David