std.jgrandson

Daniel Gibson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 3 09:49:54 PDT 2014

Am 03.08.2014 09:16, schrieb Andrei Alexandrescu:
> We need a better json library at Facebook. I'd discussed with Sönke the
> possibility of taking vibe.d's json to std but he said it needs some
> more work. So I took std.jgrandson to proof of concept state and hence
> ready for destruction:
>
> http://erdani.com/d/jgrandson.d
> http://erdani.com/d/phobos-prerelease/std_jgrandson.html

Is the name supposed to stay or just a working title?
"std.j*grandson*" (being the successor of "std.j*son*") is of course a
funny play of words, but it's not really obvious on the first sight what
it does.
i.e. if someone skims the std. modules in the documentation, looking for
json, he'd probably not think that this is the new json module.
std.json2 or something like that would be more obvious.

Cheers,
Daniel