std.jgrandson

Sean Kelly via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 3 10:19:03 PDT 2014

I don't want to pay for anything I don't use.  No allocations
should occur within the parser and it should simply slice up the
input.  So the lowest layer should allow me to iterate across
symbols in some way.  When I've done this in the past it was
SAX-style (ie. a callback per type) but with the range interface
that shouldn't be necessary.

The parser shouldn't decode or convert anything unless I ask it
to.  Most of the time I only care about specific values, and
paying for conversions on everything is wasted process time.

I suggest splitting number into float and integer types.  In a
language like D where these are distinct internal types, it can
be valuable to know this up front.

Is there support for output?  I see the makeArray and makeObject
routines...  Ideally, there should be a way to serialize JSON
against an OutputRange with optional formatting.