std.jgrandson

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Aug 3 11:44:36 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 3 August 2014 at 08:04:40 UTC, Johannes Pfau wrote:
> API looks great but I'd like to see some simple
> serialize/deserialize
> functions as in vibed:
> http://vibed.org/api/vibe.data.json/deserializeJson
> http://vibed.org/api/vibe.data.json/serializeToJson

Before going this route one needs to have a good vision how it
may interact with imaginary std.serialization to avoid later
deprecation.

At the same time I have recently started to think that dedicated
serialization module that decouples aggregate iteration from data
storage format is in most cases impractical for performance
reasons - different serialization methods imply very different
efficient iteration strategies. Probably it is better to define
serialization compile-time traits instead and require each
`std.data.*` provider to implement those on its own in the most
effective fashion.