std.jgrandson

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Aug 4 00:56:29 PDT 2014

On Sunday, 3 August 2014 at 07:16:05 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> We need a better json library at Facebook. I'd discussed with
> Sönke the possibility of taking vibe.d's json to std but he
> said it needs some more work. So I took std.jgrandson to proof
> of concept state and hence ready for destruction:
>
> http://erdani.com/d/jgrandson.d
> http://erdani.com/d/phobos-prerelease/std_jgrandson.html

* Could you please put it on Github to get syntax highlighting
and all the other advantages
* It doesn't completely follow the Phobos naming conventions
* The indentation is off in some places
* The unit tests is a bit lacking for the separate parsing
functions
* There are methods for getting the strings and numbers, what
about booleans?
* Shouldn't it be called TokenRange?
* Shouldn't this be built using the lexer generator you so
strongly have been pushing for?

* The unit tests for TokenStream is very dense. I would prefer
empty newlines for grouping "assert" and calls to "popFront"
belonging together

--
/Jacob Carlborg