Qt Creator and D

Manu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Aug 5 21:34:15 PDT 2014

On 6 August 2014 00:12, Max Klimov via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday, 18 September 2013 at 14:49:27 UTC, Joseph Rushton
> Wakeling wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Several of us have been talking about Qt Creator and D in various
>> subthreads of the current IDE-related discussions going ...
>>

> Recently I started the development of plugins for QtCreator in
> order to add basic support of D. I did not notice the existing
> project https://github.com/GoldMax/QtCreatorD, it could have been
> very useful for me.
> Currently I have 2 plugins: the first one is for DUB
> (http://code.dlang.org/) support, the second one is for direct D
> language support directly.
> The repositories are here:
>
> https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dubmanager
> https://github.com/Groterik/qtcreator-dlangeditor
>
> DUB-plugin provides project management features, building,
> running, etc. The dlangeditor-plugin itself provides indention,
> code completion, etc. It uses DCD
> (https://github.com/Hackerpilot/DCD) binaries for completion.
> This plugin is not as stable as I expected (sometimes completion
> can disappear until the next QtCreator's start) but I am looking
> forward to the community’s help in searching/fixing bugs and new
> features development/suggestion.

Out of curiosity, how do you find DCD?

In my experience, the Mono-D completion engine has been the best for a long
time, and VisualD switched to use the Mono-D completion engine some time
back.
Does DCD also share the Mono-D completion lib, or are their 'competing'
libs again?
Can users expect the same experience from DCD integrated editors as from
Mono-D?

Anyone worked in both environments extensively?