assert semantic change proposal

eles via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 01:18:28 PDT 2014

On Wednesday, 6 August 2014 at 07:19:21 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> On 8/5/14, 11:28 PM, Tofu Ninja wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 6 August 2014 at 00:52:32 UTC, Walter Bright
>> wrote:
>>> On 8/3/2014 4:51 PM, Mike Farnsworth wrote:

> I think "assert" is good to use for optimization, and "debug
> assert" would be a good choice for soft assertions. Care must

Conceptually, this means a "release assert" (both in debug and
release builds) and a "debug assert" (only in debug builds).

Thus, question: it is acceptable to optimize a (release) build
based on code that is present only into another (debug) build?