Bypassing std.concurrency.exec()

Don Viszneki via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Aug 6 22:58:49 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 05:23:51 UTC, Don Viszneki wrote:
> So I am no closer to identifying the problem!

Kapps in #d freenode suggested the problem is in the allocator
not having registered

http://dlang.org/phobos/core_thread.html#.thread_attachThis

This worked!

However, we now have problems when shutting down.

It appears that during garbage collection, a call to
core.thread.suspend() throws the following exception:

>throw new ThreadException( "Unable to suspend thread" )

Which results in an infinitely recursive loop, where the
allocator continuously tries to throw exceptions!

I think perhaps I need to give D the opportunity to clean up
SDL2's audio thread before shutting it down?