What have I missed?

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 7 03:08:29 PDT 2014

On Thursday, 7 August 2014 at 01:40:13 UTC, Era Scarecrow wrote:
>  So I guess I need to ask: Should I try to resume work on the
> BitManip library? (So far it seems none of my code has been
> integrated to phobos)
>
>  Assuming I do, should I try to fix lots of small bugs and make
> smaller pulls or should I try to do several at once? When I
> re-wrote the BitArray I personally think it is an improvement
> in many ways, and being a re-write you can't just do bug #xxxx
> and then bug #xxxx and then bug... etc etc.
>
>  Also to ask, how many people tried out the rewrite I proposed,
> and do they think it was actually an improvement for ease of
> use, speed, fewer bugs, etc?

I haven't looked at your rewrite, but from what I've seen the
current implementation is indeed very awkward and full of bugs.
There were also some discussions about the behaviour on resizing
with respect to stomping, IIRC. This seems to imply that not even
the semantics are completely clear. I guess a complete rewrite
would be appropriate in such a situation.