Qt Creator and D

Andre via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Aug 7 04:35:12 PDT 2014

>> Which is the latest Qt Creator version you successfully built
>> the
>> plugins for?
>>
>> Thanks & regards
>> André
>
> I built the plugins for QtCreator 3.1.1 and 3.1.2 (Qt >= 5.0.1).
> Yep, for QtCreator's master (3.2.81) compilation failed and I
> fixed it. I think the plugins can be successfully built now. I
> am
> not able to test it right now, but I will try plugins with
> master
> in the nearest future.

Before I saw that you already fixed the build I tested your
plugins with QtCreator 3.1.1. Nice work so far! I really like
that the project manager plugin is based on DUB because it seems
to have become the de-facto standard for D. I already have some
features on my wish-list ;-)

- Enable Locator/Ctrl+K support for quick symbol access
- Outline/class view for project and current document
- Tooltip with symbol information when hovering in text editor

Hopefully I will have some time in the near future to be able to
create some pull requests.

Currently you have two separate plugins for project manager and
editor; what do you think about only one, integrated plugin? It
might be easier for users to have one plugin which contains
everything. Especially if more parts might be integrated (Locator
etc.).

Anyway keep up the good work!
Regards
André